Patti developed our unique law firm model to serve those who are creating value from their ideas, sweat, and investment. She’s having a lot of fun these days, proving that lawyers can provide business-intelligent solutions at a price that reflects the value to the client (and not the amount of time the lawyer spent).
One of her former bosses, the late, great, John Short dubbed her a “soccer-mom assassin”. Patti denies that she has ever been a soccer-mom. She describes herself as “usually nice”.
She is an expert in business law, having served companies large and small in industries including, energy, healthcare, manufacturing, technology, cannabis and more. However, she is not an expert in wine (knows only that she likes “red”) or in classical music (knows only that she tends to like symphonies performed in minor keys). She is a life-long hobbyist of game-theory (her first crush was Bertrand Russell), a tech geek (which enables more predictable and efficient legal services), and an avid bird-watcher (which is not a particularly relevant skill – so avoid this topic unless you want to hear about her latest sightings). She asks a lot of questions, never shies away from a microphone, and is the one-time winner of a velcro jumping contest.
And while you might care that she has an executive MBA (Olin Business School at Washington University, with honors) and is licensed in both Illinois and Missouri, you probably really want to know that:
- She understands how business works.
- She has public company board level experience.
- She loves the courtroom.
- She returns calls.
- She is not a jerk (unless provoked).
- RehabCare Group Inc | Senior Vice President General Counsel
- Peabody Energy Corporation | VP General Counsel of Strategy
- SSM Healthcare | System Vice President General Counsel
- Thermadyne Holdings Corporation | Vice President General Counsel
- Dentons US, LLP (formerly Sonnenschein, Nath & Rosenthal, LLP) | Litigation Associate
- AppNotch, LLC
- Propulsys, Inc. | Vice Chairman
- Synergetics USA | Board Member and Chairman of the Compensation Committee
- YTB International | Vice Chairman
- Executive MBA | Washington University in St. Louis | Beta Gamma Sigma
- JD | St. Louis University | Top 5%
- Special Certification in Overcoming Lack of Height (lifetime study)
You can set a time to talk to her at this link.
Recent Blog Posts
I love Ms. Williams and her whole team! They took on a very difficult case that many said was a lost cause on my part. But they stuck with me and worked hard even when I was losing hope at getting any restitution. But she set realistic goals that we could achieve and kept pushing until she got those goals accomplished. She cares about her clients and that’s rare. If the need ever arises again, I’m definitely calling Lex Valorem first.
Patti Williams puts clients first. I have worked with her for years and have become more impressed over time. She not only thinks about legal issues, but about the core business issues that underlie the legal issues. I highly recommend her.
Patti is absolutely the best and I would have no hesitation whatsoever in recommending them to others. What appeared to me as a frivolous lawsuit, Patti handled it with grace, professionalism and communicated so well. I’ll never forget her and we won.